Friday, December 18, 2015

18 December 2015 + Love Dare Day 18

Reading & Memorising Scripture

Scripture:

  • 1 Corinthians 10:13
Observations:

This is something I'm learning through this whole process.

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man - At the base level, all sins come from the same set of base desires and not only this, but there is never a truly unique sin. Regardless of your sin, there is someone who's been there before and could give insight into how they overcame it.

God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability - God doesn't want us to fall into sin, but he does want us to learn and grow. Sometimes the temptation may seem overwhelming, but it will always be manageable, defeatable. We just need to cling to God for strength.

... but with the temptation he will provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. - Like I was saying above, God provides the strength and victory. He is the one who provides our way out, that we can learn to trust him, to endure sin, and to grow more resistant to temptation.

This passage is one of hope and reliance upon God for a number of reasons.
  • In the middle of sin, we often feel alone
  • In the middle of sin, we often feel outmatched
  • In the middle of sin, we often feel there's no way out
These are three lies used by our flesh and Satan to keep us enslaved to sin instead of moving towards God.

Application:

Well, I need to memorise this verse - it will go a long way to helping me keep hope and a right perspective as I go through life combatting my sin.

I need to keep the reminder that I am not alone, that I am not outmatched, and that there is a way out. I just need to keep clinging to God.

~ ~ ~

The Love Dare
Day 18: Love Seeks to Understand


No comments:

Post a Comment