Tuesday, August 18, 2015

18 August 2015

Scriptures:

  • Mark 15
  • Jeremiah 48
  • 1 Samuel 3
  • Psalm 16
Observations:
  • 1 Samuel 3:19
In Mark, we see the trial, crucifixion, and burial of Christ. In Jeremiah, the doom of Moab. In Samuel, we see the calling of Samuel and the confirmation of the end of Eli's lineage. The psalm today is one praising God for His refuge.

Colour me a Christian, but I see a redemptive thread through this. The Jeremiah passage highlights what punishment comes to those who live apart from God. In Mark, we have the crucifixion, the redemption of mankind. In Psalm, we are praising God for the refuge he provides.

Where does Samuel fit in? That passage shows both the calling of one who seeks God and the punishment of one who has turned away. It is an example of how we should be living our lives, seeking after God, listening to Him as a servant does his master.

Application:

Well, the biggest thing for me right now is listening. I need to be growing in my faith and seeking God. Reading the Bible and mulling it over is all well and good, but seeking God out and listening for and to Him is a discipline I need to learn.

Prayer:

Lord, I ask that you would help me to listen. Teach me to get away, to still myself, and to wait on you. Grow me in your way and use me for  your plans.

Thank you for your protection and provision yesterday. I ask that you would watch over me today.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment