Wednesday, January 6, 2016

6 January 2016 + Love Dare Day 33

Reading & Memorising Scripture

Scripture:

  • Matthew 5:8
Observations:

Blessed are they whose affections, understanding, and underlying motives are unpolluted and able to stand before God. This is what Christ is saying. As Matthew Henry writes, "The heart must be purified by faith, and kept for God."

Now, as we all know, the only one who can make us pure is God. I cannot make myself pure no matter how much work and effort I pour towards that goal. I am by nature sinful and can therefore never overcome my sin of my own strength.

Application:

Once again, God is telling me to let go and submit to him, to let him do the work. 

Letting go is difficult. I keep feeling like I can do it, that I can handle my sin and remove it without God, but I cannot. All that happens is I become so focused on negating temptation that I become distant, my wife is hurt, and my joy is stolen. 

~ ~ ~

The Love Dare
Day 33: Love Completes Each Other


No comments:

Post a Comment