Friday, October 9, 2015

9 October 2015

Scripture:

  • Romans 3:21-31
  • Ezekiel 31
  • 1 Kings 4
  • Psalm 69
Observations:

In Romans, we see Paul showing that, through the sacrifice of Jesus for the sins of us all, there is now righteousness apart from the law, which is imputed upon those who believe in him. Our righteousness, then, is no longer bound to our adherence of the law, but our adherence to the personage of Christ, the faith derived therefrom leading us naturally in obedience.
In Ezekiel, we see Ezekiel prophesying to Egypt, reminding them of Assyria and its might, before reminding them of its fall, insinuating that that just as they are being likened to Assyria in their height, they will liken Assyria in their fall.
In 1 Kings, we see the establishment of the officers of Solomon's kingdom and the growth and prosperity of the nation.
In Psalm 69, we see David seeking God. He is coming forward, broken, dishonoured, oppressed, and is seeking for God to so much as turn his face towards him and hold his oppressors at bay, tat he may be saved and other glorify God.

Application:

I'm all kinds of off-balance today. The psalm really resonated with me on that count and the reminder from Romans that it is not my own performance, but Christ's actions that make me righteous has definitely helped put my soul more at ease.

Prayer:

God, I thank you for your word. I thank you for your peace that, even when I am knocked off-balance by my sins and feel tossed about and out of control, I am brought back to level ground and set on my feet to move forwards, growing once again in you.

Lord, I need forgiveness for my sins, even so early into the day, for I am a man of an impure mind and wild desires. Help me to restrain my mind and desires to what honours you, not what gratifies my flesh.

Grant my wife the strength to face her current obstacles. Give her the strength to endure and the courage to overcome.

Give my parents the wisdom they need to make their decision.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment