Monday, September 11, 2017

11 Sept 2017 - What Do Your Kids Say about You?

A Practicing Christian ch 11 - What Do Your Kids Say about You?

Questions

  1. Explain Proverbs 22:6 as a practice for your life.
    1. I mean, it's a practical reminder of the goal of parenting - to raise up a child that loves, desires, and seeks out God.
  2. How do children emulate their parents?
    1. In every way possible: In their way of thinking, speaking, and holding themselves; in their actions, habits, relationships, pastimes, discipline, values, and goals.
  3. How does our view of God  affect our view of our parents?
    1. Usually I think of this question in reverse, but I think having a right view of God lets my parents off the hook a bit. Because I receive perfect love, teaching, and discipline from the perfect Father, I do not hold my parents to the idol of parenting perfection, rather that they pursue modeling, reflecting, and pointing towards Christ in all their ways.
1 Timothy 4:11-5:2

No comments:

Post a Comment