Friday, September 1, 2017

1 Sep 2017 - Do You Harvest Good Fruit or Bad Fruit?

A Practicing Christian ch 4 - Do You Harvest Good Fruit or Bad Fruit?

"If you believe in Jesus and accept His way of life, then you should be producing good fruit. A person who claims to be a Christian, but shows no evidence of good fruit in his or her life needs to be questioned in their motives and beliefs."
Questions

  1. How do you recognize fruit in your life?
    1. First, through prayer and reflection. Second, I find that marriage is a wonderful tool of God in that it helps show me my flaws that I can better address them. This may occur through my wife speaking directly to me on an issue or through God pointing out the effects of certain behaviours and attitudes on my wife and marriage in general.
  2. What steps do you need to take so that more fruit is produced from your life?
    1. Well, I first need to take stock of what fruit is being produced. Then, I need to seek God to increase the crop of the fruits I display and to work in me to produce those fruits I lack.
  3. What is the Biblical definition of fruit in a person's life?
    1. Manifestations of character evidencing a person's heart and standing with God.
1 Timothy 1:18-20

It appears that Paul is explaining to Timothy his rationale for sending him this letter - that he would be "well-equipped for battle, having faith and a good conscience." He also makes mention of a couple individuals who have rejected the same doctrine and teachings and whose faith has taken a downturn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment