Wednesday, January 13, 2016

13 January 2016 + Love Dare Day 40

Reading & Memorising Scripture

Scripture:

  • James 4:3
Observations:

I think this is a big one. As Christians, we're often told time and again that God will answer our prayers. What I find interesting about this passage, is that it puts a condition upon God's answering of prayer.

In this passage, James is commenting on the hearts and motives of the church, telling them that the reason they haven't received what they asked for was because they asked from their own desires, not taking the time to seek the greater will of God. 

So, because they're asking in prayer for things to gratify themselves, God is using James to let them know that the reason their prayers haven't had any answer or fruit is based around their end desire. When they're able and willing to ask of God from a godly heart and a truly God-seeking heart, then God might respond differently, but as long as they're seeking gifts or word from God to  use for their own pleasure, then they will continue to not receive.

Application:

Well, I need to check within myself the reason I ask what I am asking of God. Am I asking because it'd be something nice to have or am I asking because it's something I need that is in line with God's will for me.

~ ~ ~

The Love Dare
Day 40: Love is a Covenant

No comments:

Post a Comment