Sunday, January 10, 2016

10 January 2016 + Love Dare Day 37

Reading & Memorising Scripture

Scripture:

  • 2 Corinthians 10:5
Observations:

In context, this passage is talking about the nature of our war. We do not war against enemies of flesh and blood, but of spirit. So, then, as Paul points out, our weapons, should we be backed in Christ, are possessed of divine power, capable of tearing down strongholds.

So, then, we come to today's verse and it is on how we are to do so. To that goal, there are two methods detailed here
  1. We destroy every argument and lofty opinion against God and knowledge of him
  2. We take our thoughts captive in obedience to Christ
Now, that's all well and good, but what does it look like?

Application:

To the first, I need to be well-versed in my knowledge of God. It doesn't hurt to be schooled in rhetoric, philosophy, or some other such focus, but if I don't know God and his word, I can't defend it and I definitely cannot use it on offense.

To the second, I need to be aware of every thought and idea running through my mind for the sole purpose of capturing those which are not of Christ, that they may be excised and my mind brought into greater obedience of Christ.

~ ~ ~

The Love Dare
Day 37: Love Agrees in Prayer


No comments:

Post a Comment