Monday, October 19, 2015

19 October 2015

Scriptures:

  • Romans 11
  • Ezekiel 41-42
  • 1 Kings 12:16-33
  • Psalm 79
Observations:

Okay, so this Romans passage is a little muddy to me, but what I think I understand is that some Jews, in their unbelief, were cut off and given over to their sin so that Gentiles may come into mercy. Does that mean they are forever cast off? No, rather they now may be shown the same mercy shown to the Gentiles.

In Ezekiel, we continue the measurements and descriptions of the temple vision being given to Ezekiel.

In 1 Kings, we see the splitting of Israel and also Jeroboam's folly - the establishment of separate, national idols and holidays thereunto.

The psalm today is one in which Asaph is crying out to the Lord, asking how long the Lord's anger and punishment will last, asking the Lord to repay those who taunt and deride Israel.

Application:

Right now, I'm still tossing over the questions from Romans 9-10 and trying to see how 11 fits in, without much success right now. Perhaps I'll take a second look later. We do, however see the handing over of certain individuals to sin for an express purpose unknown to man in the 1 Kings passage, where, as punishment to Solomon and the line of David because of Solomon's folly, the nation has been split and the northern nation given over to sin and idolatry.

Prayer:

Lord, I apologise for the rush, but thank you for your provision during the exams. Help me to further refine my study habits so I can make the most of my time and still fulfill my role as a husband.

Teach me more of your character, God. Especially in connection with Romans 9-11; it's a complex passage I don't fully understand.

Be with the Chrstians in Afghanistan. Give them boldness to share your word and keep them safe. Plant your word among those who do not follow you and encourage the faithful to reach out.

Continue to give my parents wisdom and help my brothers on their finals. Also, remind my sister of who you are.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment