Wednesday, September 30, 2015

30 September 2015

Scriptures:

  • Luke 22:1-46
  • Ezekiel 21
  • 2 Samuel 20
  • Psalm 60
Observations:

In Luke, we have the last supper, as Jesus is preparing his disciples for what is to come, though at this point, they don't quite understand yet.
In Ezekiel, we have a pronouncement of destruction upon Jerusalem and the directions for how Ezekiel was to pronounce said destruction. (Ezekiel was definitely one of those prophets whom God told to do some weird, extreme things)
In 2 Samuel, we see some more of the political wranglings that wracked the second half of David's rule. We also see the example given by a wise woman who forestalled Joab, seeking to preserve her city, and delivered his foe out to him instead.
The psalm today is praising and entreating God for his help in battle.

Application:

Prayer:

God, all of these passages were just a blur. I really need you right now. I need you to adjust my heart - the bitterness and resentment that is there. Allow me to come to a better state, to be able to communicate my issues instead of leaving them to ferment inside me and sour. I also ask that you would do the same for my wife. We both need a lot of work. We're under a load of stress and we really need you to perfuse more deeply into our lives.

I'm tired. I'm stressed. I feel entitled right now to relax in ways I want to. I feel like I'm pouring out tons of myself with no chance to refill. Meet me where I am and renew me, Lord.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment