Tuesday, September 1, 2015

1 September 2015

Scriptures:

  • Luke 1:57-80
  • Daniel 2
  • 1 Samuel 19
  • Psalm 30
Observations:

In Luke, we have the birth and prophecy of the role of John the Baptist. In Daniel, we see the Lord making known to Daniel the king's dream and its interpretation. In 1 Samuel, we see Saul, in his troubled state, seeking to kill David, but each time he tried, the men he sent would be waylaid and begin prophesying. So, Saul went himself and the same thing happened - on the way, he began to prophesy. The psalm, however, is praising God for how he has pulled the psalmist up from the figurative pit ad stood him back on his feet.

Three passages of prophecy - one prophesying one's future role, heralding the messiah one prophesying the successive kingdoms, eventually to be overturned by the messiah, and one of God protecting a future king by making the current king prophesy. After these, then culminating with a psalm praising God for deliverance and providence. (Maybe just slightly messianic connection, if I want to take things out of context)

Application:

I'm not really sure. Most definitely, I see the application to be aware of God and how he may be speaking to me - for there is a very palpable sense in these passages that God does indeed communicate with us.

Prayer:

God, allow me to be aware of your communication with me. I get the feeling that you're trying to prepare me for a message which may be delivered and I ask that I would be aware and prepared to receive it.

Be with my wife and I as we prepare for the move; help us to have the endurance needed to push through and work on packing, even though we may be tired. Help us also to grow towards you and give us the ability to grow closer together, growing in our ability to communicate effectively and show love to one another.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment