Thursday, March 8, 2012

8 Mar. 2012 - Psalm 23

Psalm 23
"Shepherd's Psalm"

The Lord is my shepherd
I shall not be in want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters
He leads me in the path of righteousness
For His name's sake
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I will fear no evil for Thou art with me.
Thy rod and staff, they comfort me.

Thou hast prepared a table for me
In the presence of my enemies
Thou anoint my head with oil
My cup overflows
Surely goodness and mercy will follow me
all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.

I just felt like spontaneously moving to a different passage for the day and this Psalm popped into my head. God, here, is both the protecting shepherd and the providing, blessing host. We see how much He loves His creation and how willing He is to bring us to follow Him. If everyone understood that, why are they not standing with us? So, we need to be spreading this message of the great shepherd, saviour, king.

No comments:

Post a Comment