Sunday, January 22, 2012

22 Jan. 2012 - Genesis 26:34-35

Genesis 26:34-35
"Esau's Wives"

In case you're wondering "Why only two verses?", I will explain. I do my devotionals per heading, so sometimes I have a massive passage, which I might split up, or sometimes (i.e Genesis 24 pt. 1 & pt. 2) I might have a really short passage, like today.

Essentially, this passage names the two wives of Esau and how they made life difficult for his parents. Why, it doesn't say. It could be because they were not from the homeland of Esau's grandfather, Abraham; it could be that they were two remarkably pleasant young ladies; or it could be due to a completely different reason.

I looked back in the Bible, at earlier chapters, and found nothing that might indicate a reason for such a poor in-law relationship.

There are still, though, some morsels that may be gleaned:

  • When marrying someone, it helps greatly if your fiancé/fianceé gets along well with your family.
  • Don't marry more than one spouse. The way the passage is written it seems to suggest that that may be a factor in the conflict.

No comments:

Post a Comment